I’m taking on the 101 Things in 1001 Days Challenge (also known as Project Zero).
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (i.e. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on your part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past- frequently simple challenges such as New Year’s resolutions or a ‘Bucket List’. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips, study semesters, or outdoor activities.
Start date: 9 August 2016
End date: 7 May 2019
1. Visit Finland.
2. Visit Germany.
3. Visit Thailand.
4. Visit Iceland.
5. Take my mom to St. Maarten. (It’s her dream destination!).
6. See the Aurora Borealis.
7. Take a solo trip (the first time since I was 23?).
8. Visit Newfoundland.
9. Visit 5 states I haven’t been to before.
10. And Puerto Rico.
11. Visit Charleston, SC.
12. Visit the Gone With the Wind museums.
13. Start my own campfire.
14. Go camping in Autumn.
15. Have a campfire cookout with hotdogs and marshmallows.
16. Swim in Lake Ontario 5+ times in one summer.
17. Visit Bali.
18. Explore Florida more extensively. (Specifically Miami, the Keys and the Clearwater area).
19. Visit 3 Ontario provincial parks.
20. Visit 3 American national parks.
21. Celebrate Canada’s Sesquicentennial birthday.
22. Celebrate the 4th of July. With fireworks and BBQ.
23. See a seal or sea lion in the wild.
24. Take the train.
25. Visit Savannah, GA.
26. Visit Boston, MA
27. Visit New Orleans.
28. Visit Miami.
29. Visit Austin.
30. Visit Peggy’s Cove.
31. Go tailgating. (Go Buckeyes!)
32. Visit 3 museums I’ve never been to before.
33. Visit a beach in Toronto that I’ve never been to before.
34. Go to the ROM (Toronto, ON). I haven’t been since I was a kid!
35. Swim in the Atlantic ocean, Pacific ocean and Gulf of Mexico.
36. Visit Kitchener, ON to learn about my late paternal great grandfather and our German heritage.
Health // Spoonie Stuff
37. Get my weekly ropivacaine shots without having a panic attack. (I have a phobia of needles and these needles are particularly huge and painful!).
38. Get the teeth that ME/CFS has damaged, fixed.
39. Help another spoonie pay for her medical treatment.
40. Recover all the files from my old computer.
41. Get a wig or extensions.
42. Find the right treatment for my OCD.
43. Adopt a dog. (Registered Emotional Support/Service Animal?).
44. Post at least weekly at The Spoon in the Road.
45. Be a guest blogger on someone else’s blog.
46. Go to the Selective Mutism annual conference with my mom/mental health coaching business partner.
47. Speak at an event or conference.
48. Host an event or class.
49. Get published in a (physical) newspaper or magazine.
50. Host a giveaway.
51. Create a masterpost about running businesses while living with chronic illnesses.
52. Update my writer site.
53. Invest in TSITR business cards
54. Go to the ballet.
55. Go to the opera.
56. See a musical or play in Toronto.
57. See a show on Broadway.
58. Take singing lessons.
59. Watch 5 French language films.
60. Watch 5 documentaries.
61. Stay at a Bed and Breakfast.
62. Dress up for Halloween.
63. See a burlesque show. (It’s been way too long!).
64. Meet up with 3+ friends I’ve met online, in person!
65. Take a class.
66. Ride a Ferris wheel.
67. Read biography or memoir of 5 people who inspire me. (Ones I haven’t read yet!).
68. Hike 3 km in one day. (Before I got ME/CFS, I was able to hike over 15 km in a day).
69. Get a tattoo (provided I’m healthy enough, of course).
70. Start bullet journalling (again).
71. Try Project Life.
72. Try Line a Day journaling.
73. Make a vision board (on poster board! Pinterest doesn’t count this time!).
74. Try the Pomodoro Technique.
75. Make my own bath bombs.
76. Make soft pretzels.
77. Make latkes from scratch.
78. Buy something at Courage My Love
79. Invest in another pair each of Rayban glasses and sunglasses.
80. Invest in Tieks shoes.
81. Get a new laptop.
82. Try In-N-Out.
83. Try piirakka.
84. Try pistachio ice cream.
85. Try 5 (more) new foods.
86. Try 3 locally owned coffee shops in Toronto. Find a new favourite?
87. Treat myself to a Tiger Bowl at Fresh.
88. Take a language class. French? Finnish? Spanish? Yiddish?
89. Learn hand lettering.
90. Go to a renaissance fair.
91. Go to a food festival.
92. Go to the cherry festival in Traverse City, MI.
93. Pay off my debt.
94. Make $13,000
95. Make $33,000
96. Make $113,000.
97. Get my opal ring resized.
98. Buy a condo with my mom.
99. Buy an airstream for my parents and I. And take a trip in it!
100. Put a dollar into my savings account for each goal accomplished.
101. Make another list as soon as I complete everything on this one!
As I accomplish goals on this list, I’ll update this post.
Have you tried the 101 in 1001 challenge?